Saturday, January 10, 2009

It is Saturday!

I love that usually I don't have to wake up early on Saturday now that my kids are getting old enough to wake up and get breakfast without me. For awhile Joshua would feel the need to let me know that he was awake, but the last few weeks he hasn't done that. Of course this morning I did have to set my alarm for 5:55 because somebody was coming by for a key, but Joel said that Kaleb was already awake so I just went back to sleep. Kaleb being awake that early means that Shadow was feeling pretty playful this morning and the object of his playfullness was probably Kaleb' feet.

I have to teach Sunday School tomorrow for Anna, Joshua and Jonathan's class. That might seem like a pretty easy thing to do; but I have this thing about teaching Sunday School. I am just not so good at it; and I get really nervous. Anyways, I like to be really prepared because Joel is preaching and he could go on for a long time, so I have to have things to keep the kids busy for an hour, I think.

So, today, besides cleaning out the schoolroom which has so many books sitting all over the floor that we can't walk in there (I had to move this years schoolbooks to the livingroom), and cleaning my bedroom (it was really clean and unpacked last Sunday for the first time since we moved into this house) which tends to get used as the place for kids to do their reading or schoolwork when they need some quiet, and of course cooking and catching up on laundry...oh, and helping Kaleb finish up all the schoolwork he didn't get done last week, I need to prepare for teaching the kids tomorrow. If my books (in the schoolroom) were in bookshelves (which we actually don't have) it would be a bit easier to find something to teach.

Well, it is already 8:05! I suppose the 'sleeping in' part of Saturday is over and the 'catching up with all the jobs that I don't have time for during the week' part has started!

Hmmmm....I wonder if I can talk Joel into cooking? I might have to add that to my list of things to do!

No comments: