Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Getting started

It is hard to get started...starting a blog, starting a letter, starting a new life in a new country...all these things are hard. We can't see into the future to see how things will turn out. Past experience helps some...letters get written, new countries become our home and it does get easier.

So, in this new year, I am starting this blog in my new country and am hoping for the best. I am hoping (trusting) that this will turn into my home and that sharing my adventure with you will help.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yea! Congratulations on getting started--it looks good! And I love the pictures of Malawi. Looking forward to reading more...

Unknown said...

Hi Darcy and everyone in Malawi! Jamie forwarded me this link and I am excited about keeping in touch. Happy (belated) Birthday to Darcy!! Only one more year until old age! Is that your hut in the picture? Keep us updated - love k

Unknown said...

It will be great to be able to see pictures of your neck of the woods.
(and of kids, of course)

Darcy said...

Hi Kris! Old age! Well, I am glad that you will remember for me because I have decided to forget how old I am. :-)

The picture with the hut was taken on the road from the boarder to Lilongwe when we were on our way back from Zambia. I posted a picture of our house. The Christmas pictures are at my friend Lee-Anne's house; we were house and dog sitting for her.

Oh, and the picture of the fun looking tree stump is a sign to us that we are almost to Lilongwe on the road from Lake Malawi to Lilongwe.