Thursday, January 24, 2008

Real life begins again!

Joel returns from Zambia tomorrow! I can't wait to post about his trip and show some pictures of the training seminar. I hear that it was a very effective time of training for the men who went to Zambia to attend and I know that it was a great time for the teachers as well.

On Saturday morning we will go look at a few houses (we were told that the house we are waiting for won't be ready for 3 months), get some groceries, and return to the lake. We are so excited because Joel is bringing a puppy home to us! I will tell more about him when I can include a picture. Of course I won't have the internet connection while I am at the lake and I have no idea how long we will actually be there this time. There might not be an update for a little bit; unless I have a chance tomorrow night to post some pictures of the puppy and the training seminar.

I wanted to quick include pictures of a few of the grocery stores that we go to here. There is one store that is pretty good by what my standards were just 4 months ago. It is a smallish store but has a pretty good supply of things.




Two other stores that we go to quite often are called the seven-eleven (not like the one in the US) which has gas and a grocery store, and then one called foodzone. They are quite a bit smaller but seem great now if I don't get a chance to get to shoprite. When I first got here I was really thinking that there was no way that I would get used to shopping in such small shops, but really they don't seem so small now. The picture below is the seven-eleven which is right next to a little restaurant that we sometimes eat in our way back to the lake.






seven-eleven




Other news is that friends and co-missionaries from Tanzania, Chad and Becca Zuber with their 3 children, have come to spend some time in Malawi. They will be staying at the lake with us for a few weeks at least, so that will be fun.
Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures of the shops. Once you get used to the smaller stores, you might find you like it. It seems as if it's easier to find things in a small store. I can hardly wait to see a picture of the puppy. I'm happy that Joel will be back home with you.
love, mom